Monday, October 21, 2013

Berlin

I did a weekend Berlin trip for a Tough Mudder. It was great but I'll post those pictures later. Luckily I wasn't too sore to get some tourist action in before we had to leave. It was such a great trip with beautiful weather, good friends and no injuries :) We didn't have much time to see the city but it was so cool to checkout some of the historical sites. My father-in-law was stationed in Berlin when he was in the Army and he has the best stories. It was fun to see where he traded a German soldier a Playboy for a piece of the Berlin wall and I can only imagine what other adventures he had. 


The Brandenburg Gate


Holocaust memorial


Random building

Another random building

Pieces of the Berlin Wall

Berlin Wall

Building

Former Soviet side of Berlin

Checkpoint Charlie!

4 Tough girls! And our best fake smiles :)



No comments: