Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cleveland, Ohio Ohio Ohio

In the last 2 years, Corey and I have been nearly everywhere within a 3 hour drive from our house. Now we are on to the longer drives. We went to Cleveland last weekend for the sole purpose of obtaining a baseball from the Indians stadium. I really liked Cleveland but traveling in the winter always seems bleak so get ready for some semi-depressing photos. Not a lot of people walking around and everything seems gray.
We followed the advice from our fat friend on Man vs Food and went to Melt Bar & Grille. 3 words: Gourmet Grilled Cheese. I know. It was heaven. I tried my first Monte Cristo and I will never be the same. It's turkey, ham and cheese (sounds normal) dipped in some kind of pastry batter and deep fried! Then you dip it in berry preserves and it is a combination of eating a grilled ham and cheese on top of a funnel cake.
There was a 3 hour wait at Melt so we called the other one on the other side of town and ordered to go. That was an hour wait so it was ready when we got there and we ate in our car. No 3 hour wait is going to get in the way of me and gourmet grilled cheese!



The Indians lost to the White Sox but as long as there are some good hecklers sitting nearby, I couldn't be happier. We were right by left field and the White Sox left fielder is Juan Pierre. He recently broke up with his rapper girlfriend and a group of guys next to us were giving him hell the whole game. It was hilarious.

 We went to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame before we left. No cameras were allowed inside and I was pretty lazy about taking pictures anyway.




I'm slightly offended that there is a child on Michael Jackson's guitar...gross.


4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love you guys.

Natalie said...

You are always going somewhere and eating some fabulous new food, I love it! Sadly, there's not much diversity in my three hour radius :)

Julie said...

grilled cheese is high on my rotation list right now. i am too embarrassed to admit how many recent dinners have been grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Binns Family said...

Always a party with Carrie! The boys love the new red bat. Thanks!